Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release Question

Old 07-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release Question

Just out of curiosity, are you shooting off the string or using a string loop? I have seen some of the dual jaw releases get kind of a hang fire on a string loop. When you speak of not releasing evenly, it sounds to me like you you may be getting some. Just a tought.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Chuck7
What do you mean by torching the bow?
Thanks Chuck
You mean torque....

Torque is something like this for example: When at full draw, squeeze the grip tightly, and try to twist your grip. While holding the bow at full draw, you'll see the bow string, peepsite,and your release are still straight, but your sight pins, the arrow on the rest, and the whole bow itself will turn in either direction. That is torque. A big big big NO-NO... [:-]

Butch A.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Thank you sir,
That is exactly what I am talking about. A hang fire. I shoot off the string. I don't know anything about a string loop. Are they hard to install?

Chuck
Old 07-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen instances where the release will hang on a string too, but it is more likely to happen with a string loop. I like to shoot single jaw releases, meaning that one side is fixed, and the other is moving. Try a friends release or an old one and see if your problem goes away. String loops are not hard to put on, or you could have a pro shop do it for you, but it will change you anchor point a little. If you release jaw is hangin on the string, it will probably happen more often on a string loop. I would suggest working on one thing at a time though. Figure out what is hanging up and go from there. Good luck
Old 07-03-2005, 12:15 PM

Here is a website that shows you how to tie in a string loop:

http://www.alseaintegration.com/ptc/string_loop.htm

There are some videos at the end.

You torque the bow morewhen you are tired. When you draw back, your muscles are tired, which makes you shake. This shake causes you to torque the bow.How long can you shoot before you get tired?

Old 07-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks very much,
Could you recommend a release that has fewer hang ups?
Thanks Chuck
Old 07-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Zak123,
I really apppreciate you guys. I have learned a ton today. To be honest with you ....probably about 30 arrows. But you are right. I start shaking and it's very hard to keep that peep , pin and bull's eye lined up. LOL
Chuck
The bow appears to be only moving about 1/16 of an inch but that is about 10 inches off the bull's eye when it hits.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 PM

When I first started shooting I could only shoot three shots before I was tired. After a few months of shooting I can shoot for hours.

I don't think that the release is the problem. It could be, but I doubt it. You might want to try shooting a string loop. If you don't like it you cantake it off.

There is some good information for the beginner on huntersfriend.com . Once your thereyou will see a catagory titled Articles and Help to the left. Click on those links.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most releases are great. In all the time I have been shooting. I have seen very few problems like this one that you are having but it can happen.. So almost all will be ok. I like the Scott little goose, or the Scott little bitty goose. The reason That I use them is because they are a single jaw release, and I feel like I can get a smoother release with them. Most pro shops will let you try out the releases before buying them. I would have them look at your issue before you make any purchases though to make sure that is what is going on before spending more money. That problem sure sounds like one my friend had last year.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Elk,
Aren't you a little concerned that your single jaw isn't going to hold all that pressure as good as the double jaw. Also do you think it would work with my bow since it has very little let off.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Release Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.