Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Vibration

Old 06-28-2005, 07:43 AM

Default String Vibration

Ok here's my setup. I shoot a Buckmaster G2 set at 70 lbs draw w/ a 28 inch draw, easton acc 3-60 arrows with 100 grain broadheads, have limb savers installed, have TRU ball accelerators on the string, and a vibracheck strikewave gel stabilizer. I have awe string vibration and can't figure it out, this bow is suppose to be super quiet w/out adding all the accessories, any ideas are greatly aprreciated.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: String Vibration

Install a set of cat whiskers.. and take off the truball speed balls. Also Doinker stabilizers seem to work the best on single cam bows.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 AM

Nothing you added to the bow is designed to stop string vibration. You need to add something to the strings to dampen them after the shot. String leaches, cat wiskers, beaver balls, puff balls (may favorite) or the new STS system everyone is raving about. Although I have not heard a bow shot with one of them yet.

Even the mathews bows with the string dampners on the riser do not seem that quiet to me. You can still hear the string hit the rubber pieces. If you want whisper quiet you need to add something to the string. I would imagine it is also better for the string since it won't vibrate as much. I actually shoot better with string silencers? Probably a mental thing.

Paul
Old 06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Catwhiskers work great and are less than 2 bucks.The STS works better than anything i've tried and will eliminate any string slap with heavy hunting clothes but costs about 40 bucks.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Accelerator balls is part of the problem. And string silencers of some sort are necessary if you want it quiet.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:01 PM

for whatever reason, when i put the speed nocks and shrink wrap on my patriot string it help a little. that's the only thing i have on my string or cable. i use the sts and it works even better with the speed nocks. i don't know why.