Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anyone add the NV system to your bow

Old 09-21-2002, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone add the NV system to your bow

I have the old MQ1, and am pleased with it, but like most, would like to make it as quiet as possible, and was considering buying the NV system, like what is mounted on the PSE bows, to add on to my bow. If you have, did it quiet the bow down, and could you feel less vibration.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone add the NV system to your bow

I had the NV system on my Reflex Extreme last year and it does miricles. They really do work well. I dont need them on my new Cybertec because its quiet as a whisper, but if it wasn't, they would go on it as well. I recommend them. Give em a go.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few months ago, I had two Darton CPS bows (a Maverick and a Mountain Bow) and an MQ 1 at the same time. I had the NV system installed alternately on either of the two Dartons, trying to get them quieter. I tried the system briefly on the MQ1, but I honestly didn't notice enough difference to make it worthwhile (to me) on a bow with such low recoil. IMO, the NV system cuts recoil fairly well, and vibration a little bit. I did have limb savers on all 3 bows, so that may explain why I was not more impressed. As far as noise goes, I did not think the NV system made that big of a difference on any of the bows. It did cut the recoil of the Maverick pretty well though. If I ever got another MQ1, I think I would just get good string silencers for it and maybe one of the Stealth stabilizers that so many guys are talking about. I honestly don't think you will notice that much of a difference putting the system on an MQ1.

Avoid the inevitable until it is absolutely unavoidable!
Old 09-22-2002, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Joe. On some bows they work they work great, and on others I can see little if any differnce. Without actually trying it myself I would guess that the MQ-1 would not see a great deal of improvement.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 09-22-2002, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replys guys. Like I said, I am not displeased with my MQ1, but always looking at and wandering about the new fangdangled stuff. I actually have double limb savers on my bow now, and of course string leeches, and it has worked well for me the last two seasons, so I guess I'll leave it alone for this season to. Thanks again.