Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pendulum question?

Old 06-22-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Pendulum question?

I shoot a 2002 Hoyt Magnatech with a savage pendulum. My problem is that no Pendulum that I have tried will stay square with the bow so the closer I shoot the farther right I shoot. I have tried the tru-glo Pend., the Keller Pend., and now the savage Pend. Any tips I could get would be appreciated. Thanks, Judd
Old 06-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pendulum question?

If you bend at the waist and keep your upper body form, you can get rid of the pendulum and put a regularsight on. I don't use a pendulum so I can't tell you why it is doing that.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it the bows' riser? Is your bow tuned well? I have shot 2 types of pendulums on 3 different bow and have never had an issue like that.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Try a Trophy Ridge Guide Series Mantis, I switched from a Svage Pendulum and I couldt be happier. It also doubles as an adjustable singe fixed pin sight.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judd,

I'll suggest that your centershot is off. That's why your groups move as you shoot farther away. It's definitely not the sight. The bow only shoots the arrow where it's pointed so I'd suggest a good tuning job to get the arrow in the dynamic center of the bow. Then you should be able to shoot it any distance with no right/left issues other than those created by the shooter.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your sight only has one pin so like BG said it's not the sight. Again as BG said make sure your bow is properly tuned.

I could see how this might happen as the pendulum swings out when shooting from elevated positions if it weren't square with the bow but I think it would be so slight that it would be hard to notice.

Are you having this problem only from tree stand heights or also from the ground?