I shot one last weekend and man did it feel sweet. So..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What BT release do you shoot and why?

Old 06-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What BT release do you shoot and why?

Well I think I am making the jump to a full BT release to help and break some bad habits of mine.

What model do you shoot and why?

I think I just bought a Sweet Spot Ultra 4.........for $65....

I shot one last weekend and man did it feel sweet.

So what are you guys shooting?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Default RE: What BT release do you shoot and why?

tru-ball ultra 3, why, i like the way it feels in my hand, and it's beautiful. most of the time its in my pocket no matter what i'm doing - that's how much i like it. that's a great price you got there! good gravy.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:51 PM

Another vote for the Ultra 3. Well made, fits my hand well and reasonably priced.

I also have a Zenith 2 finger which lets me know when I'm having form problems.If I don't set my draw arm elbow just right, it won't go off. Very inexpensive at $40. Zenith has a number of good releases. I just like the way the Ulta-3 fits, so I practice with it the most.

Carter Chocolate Adiction which I plan to use for hunting. It has a thumb trigger so I can punch it if I have to.

Good luck,
Allen
Old 06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for the Zenith.

I have 2 of the 4 finger Comfort Excel+ releases.
Since going to a Zenith, I have gotten rid of all of my other pure BT releases.

That being said, a hand held release is a very personal thing. If you can, shoot a bunch of them and buy the one that feels best in your hand.
Some of the ones you should be looking at:
Zenith
Scott Longhorn
Carter Atension
TruBall BT Gold

I am not a big fan of the BT releases with a saftey on them. I had a TruBall Sweet Spot Ultra 3 for awhile. Every once and awhile I would either not get the saftey set all of the way or it would slip off, resulting in me with a mouth full of fist and release. I prefer a pure BT release. Since making the switch I have yet to have a misfire when drawing or letting down. If you learn do to it right, you will never end up with a fat lip.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:37 PM

that's interesting you say that allan. larry was telling us when we got the 3 finger down to start using it with 2 fingers, and then to go to a 2 finger. i think its because of the form issue you mentioned - like its harder to cheat it.
i'm already using my third finger less and less.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:36 AM

i use a lp-1 from hha archery. it has no trigger on it. and it use back-tension to fire it. you need to go to hha archery web site and take a look. but it is not cheap either. i like it alot but it takes some getting used to. because it has no trigger. hope this helps. jim