Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

luminock

Old 06-19-2005, 09:02 PM

Default luminock

i'm thinkin about using the luminock does anybody know the pro's and cons about them?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: luminock

Not yet but I do have one for testing if I can every get to it!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM

I have some on my whitetail xp's and they are bad a$$.Iuse dark fletching so the pro for me is to actually watch the trajectory of my arrow.I have only shot them out to 40 yards and they are very visible out to that distance,can't wait to see one disaprear into a deer's chestThe only negative i see to them isturning them off.You have to pull and wiggle them up,not twist them.If you twist them you can break the little wire that activates them.What i did was buy four and site in with them and leave then on until the batteries died.That way i can shoot all summer with them and just before sept.15th i install brand new onesNot the cheapest way to go but then who said archery was cheap???
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a dozen last year for night time hog hunts here in Texas, man they are sweet!! But way costly....

You can make your own!!!!! A whole lot cheaper.. here's how

Go down to your local fishing tackle store and buy some Thill Lights, cost about 1.00 a peice, next get you a drill bitf just a tad bigger than your thill light and drill a small hole from the bottom of your nock till it just comes out where your string will be .. Then insert the Thill light, push it flush with the inside nock edge where you string will go and put a very small amount of super glue on the light part (nowhere else) let it dry and presto you have a homemade lighted nock... when you get ready to shot it just pull your knck out and press the light on and reinsert you nock and line it up, your ready to go ...
Old 06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a pretty smart idea
Old 06-20-2005, 10:27 PM

i have gt's nocks the one's with allen screws in them will that still work?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was less than impressed with them , they fit very loosely and that leeds to bad arrow flight , you cant glue them in because to turn them off you have to "wiggle" them .The other lighted nock out there that is turned on by a magnet weighs 40 grains , thats too much .
Old 06-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

lilrobinhood, a friend of mine uses the same nocks as you do, he went ahead and drilled the hole in the nock and then used a shorter set screw to hold the head of the thill light in ... he said it worked pretty well..

jimmy, you said they fit lossly, what arrows were you using, most everybody that I know that use them have troubles with them being to tight...
were you using a Fat style of 3-d arrow??
Old 06-21-2005, 03:02 PM

I already tried those homemade nocks and had every one of them break upon release.i wish i would have saved them to post what they looked like but all ican say is i was very lucky that i did not get an arrow through my arm,i get goose bumps just thinking about shooting at a deer and having the nock break and putting my Muzzy 4 blade into my forearm[:'(]Best of luck if you choose to go that route but $10.00 a pop is well worth it to me
Old 06-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

If you put a small piece of electrical tape like 1/16 - 1/8" over where the nock body meets the shrink wrap it will tighten the lumenocks up nicely.. also makes them function better.. due to the tighter fit.

Quick Reply: luminock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.