Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

luminock

Old 06-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: luminock

Wow, the nocks broke, I have made well over forty for myself and friends and have never had one break yet!! My draw weight is 73 lbs......
Old 06-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot the lumenoks and have had good luck but the do not show up well on video earlier in the day but dawn and dusk they are awesome i shot this elk with a lumenok at 5 yards while it was running at me right before dark and it was the most awesome video

Old 06-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen them fit tight in arrows and I've seen them fit loose. I guess it just goes to show how inconsistent a pure carbon arrow really is. And before anybody says that the Lumenoks may have been sloppy, we put a micrometer on them and they were all very consistent.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im useing them on beman matrix arrows with an alluminum core . I wont shot pure carbons .They are loose . They have to be loose by design . The opperation for turning them off requires that you "wiggel" them in the arrow . This makes for horrabe accuracy . If you watch their tv add , a nock comes out of the arrow on a hog at the shot , and on another shot on a deer the arrow "dances "before reaching the animal , thats just their add . I tested them for myself and they came up way short .
Old 06-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

You have to wiggle them????? What are you calling wiggle?? All the ones I have seen and used, and even made, to turn them off you have to twist and pull the nock back , they fit really tight, and to turn them on I had to pull my arrow back slightly to get it to ground the circut out to function, it really seems that the people that are having problems are the people that say they are too loose...if they fit tto loose they will comeout on impact and also cause bad accuracy..
Old 06-26-2005, 11:27 AM

Mine fit tight in my WhitetailXP's and have wonderful accuracy with them
Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Mine fit very tightly. Think they are a great item, especially if you are shooting very early in the morning or in the evening, as it gets dark. Like shooting a tracer.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I use them on my XX75 and they work great.If you use the super uni nock you can make them in minutes using the Thill light.Just drill the nock out from the insert end with a 11/64 bit.Stop drilling when the bit reaches the base of the nock.You want to drill it just far enough to have the bulb inside the nock.Then get a needle and heat it up tell it's red.Push it into the nock tell it goes into the red plastic that's around the bulb.Then cut the extra piece off and file it smooth.This will hold it in place when you turn it off.I also file the nock a little bit where it enters the bushing so it won't fit so tight.That way you can pull it out by hand to turn the light off.But it will still fit very snug in the arrow.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot of the string , this may be why I get bad accuracy with them , If you shoot a loop it probably is not as critical to nock fit an quality , I guess thats why so many suport useing the loop , I have a gatorjaw release I may try , it should give similar results to the loop .
Old 08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Can someone post a picture of their homemade lighted nock?

Quick Reply: luminock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.