Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Tricks on Moose

Old 06-17-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Slick Tricks on Moose

Has anyone ever tried slick tricks on Moose? I realize 90% of it is shot placement, but I was wondering how they performed on such a large animal. I was just drawn for a moose permit and am planning on trying out the Slick Tricks. Surprisingly, my 2 year old bought me a package of tem for Father's Day (she always seems to know just what I need). I have been using Shockwave mechanicals. They performed gret on a 20 lb. Tom Turkey last month, but I wanted to go to a fixed blade for the moose.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Tricks on Moose

Bakerwonderhound !

I'm sure the slick trick's will do the job just fine ,we've taken 4 moose in 5 season's and all of them were taken with Mechanical's .I myself prefer to use a solid head or a fixed head .There's been lot's of debate over the issue mechanical verses fixed heads for big game ,but I now know that mechanical's of today's quality will do the job just fine .

I believe from what I've seen on the Slick trick's is that they're probably amongst the best in the mechanical line up.

nubo
Old 06-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nubo, the slick trick is not a mechanical. It is a fixed, four blade head with a 1-1/8th inch cut.

While I don't hunt moose (yet) I would most certainly be useing a slick trick tipped arrow if I did. IMHO I don't think there is a better head made today.

You would be well equipped with the slick trick.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be trying the slick tricks this fall on black bear and moose also if I draw a tag.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

My mistake ,sorry for some reason I was thinking of something else .

nubo
Old 06-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the input. I am going to get a chance to try them out on Caribou in September. That should be good test case for the moose in October.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The slick trick heads are awesome--I've killed a moose at 48 yards, it dropped 80 yards from my stand, using a 55 # DW bow with 3555 GT XT Huntershafts & 4" Quik Spin vanes.
Them fixed blades fly like a fieldpoint and leave a great blood trail--it's all you need.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO, I think theywill work fine. I was very impressed with them out of my compound.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 AM

Let us know how they work...
Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

The slick tricks would work fine but when I go on a moose hunt I will most likly be using Montec G5s.

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks on Moose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.