Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance accessories

Old 06-16-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Allegiance accessories

Well my new allegiance will be in 1 week so i gotta figure out what to put on it. I do have a trophy taker rest and a cosmic sight. I need to get a quiver and stabalizer. I am mostly wanting to know what is a good stabalizer on the bow? I am thinking about putting on STS and taking off string silencers. Also, do you guys put limb savers on limbs even though bowtech has thier own?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Allegiance accessories

I have an S-Coil stabilizer on my Allegiance. It does a great job of reducing sound and the small amount of vibration and handshock this bow has, yet is is short and doesn't add much weight. Mine doesn't have Limbsavers on the limbs, but it's quiet enough that I don't think they're worth the cost or adding mass to the limbs. The STS, on the other hand, might be a worthwhile investment once the stock silencers fall apart, which I understand won't be far in the future. I might just replace them with the newer version of the Leeches though, as they are much cheaper. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I think I'm going to take the Allegiance to a local 3D shoot, not to shoot but to find out what 3D competition is all about and maybe try to find someone who will teach me how to tune my bow.

Mike
Old 06-17-2005, 04:56 AM

The Bowtech string silencer are really crap, on my allegiance they were damaged after less than 50 arrow,I justreplaced them by cat whiskers.
I have added limb savers, that really helps to reduce the remaining noise.
I tried 2 models of stabilizer : the Bowtech Wild Thing and the trophy Ridge Xchanger. The wild thing has an incredible look but I Think that the Xchanger is more efficient (10'' length)
Old 06-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

On my Patriot I use a 6" Stealth stabilizer and an STS. Spooky quiet and dead in hand. I Highly recommend that combo.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Ok, If I would get limb savers, would I take off bowtechs things on the limbs? Also, if i get sts. would i take all silencers off string?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no string silencers on my string, I do have them on the cable. I would not remove any limb savers as they reduce vibration of the limb which is a good limb cracking prevention in my opinion.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:58 AM

Hey terry where did you get the stabailzer? Also would I want a 6" or 8" for allegiance. I read a lot of good things about this stabalizer.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got several hundred shots through my Allegiance now and the only stock silencing device the has broken off thus far is the one on the cable slid. However, I'm not sure if I accidentally ripped it off somehow or it actually fell off from use. In any case, the rest of my hush kit is in perfect shape still. I wonder why the rest of you guys are having trouble with it.

As for accessories - it's up to you. There are a ton of good products out there that work great, you just have to decide what features you're looking for and what type of budget you're on. Personally I prefer a shorter stabilizer for hunting purposes, but there are plenty of guys out there shooting long ones who kill more stuff than I do. My bow is set up with a set of Limbsaver ultras, a Cobra Sidewinder sight, NAP Quiktune 360 rest, 6" Stealth stabilizer, and an Alpine SoftLock Quiver. I truely could not be happier with the way it shoots and has performed thus far.

You can check out Stealth's line of equipment at http://www.stealtharchery.com/ Jerry is a great guy and makes great products.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got probably 750+ shots through my Allegiance and I've lost all of the legs on the top squid. I use a Wild Thing stabilizer. I also have a 6" Stealth that I have on my Patriot Dually and tried them both on the Allegiance and they were pretty much the same. The Wild Thing is shorter so I stuck with that. I also recently put an STS on it and while it is a very shock free and quiet bow I couldn't believe the difference with the STS on. I also kept the limb blocks on close to the riser and have Limb Saver Ultras near the forks. You could probably smack my bow with an aluminum bat and it would dissipate the vibration.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:10 PM

what about 4inch stealth, the wild thing is a little bit goofy looking...

Quick Reply: Allegiance accessories

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.