Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance accessories

Old 06-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Allegiance accessories

ttt
Old 06-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Realmfg,
I actually bought mine off a buddy ( Nubo ) who was switching to the 8" version which he seems to prefer. I haven't triedhis so can't comment on that. I think they are basically mail order but the guy is great to deal with and ships quickly. Alot of people who are way more experienced than me seem to swear by the Stealth stabilizers. One thing that I highly recommend is the STS. If you hunt in cold weather with bulky clothing then you will love these things as they stop the string dead at brace height which is what really sold me on them.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Stealth 9" after using the 6" which I sold to Terry,absolutely no reason because the 6" worked perfect for me but I wanted a little more wieght on the front end .Both the 6" and 8" have the same dampening chsaractoristic's ,it's just that i prefer a little extra wieght .I have over 1500 shot's on my Patriot Dually 04 model and haven't destroyed any of my BowTech string silencer's ,so i don't understand why some are losing them so quick..As for the STS system ,I'm sure before summer's over I'll have one as well ,they're cheap and from what I've read they work awsome . Ampahunter has the Allegiance with the 6" Stealth on it and I'm sure he's quite happy with it .

nubo

nubo
Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ampahunter has the Allegiance with the 6" Stealth on it and I'm sure he's quite happy with it .
That's correct. However like HNIJustin mentioned they are 'many' great choices out there for accessories.

My rig has on the GFK Infinity, I foundit provided all the windage adjustment I needed.Before, I used the Drop Zone, and that worked wellalso. I also used the NAP 3000 at first, but not before modifying and drilling another hole 'left'on the windage axle.
I have replaced my Sims string silencers the bow came withwith the 'newer/better' Sims leechs.
I'm using the BT Quik-detach 4-arrow quiver, a Spot Hogg 'Hunter' Hogg It sight, Ultra Limb savers along with the limb silencers the bow came with, George Bowman Custom 3-color string and cables. A WindStalker Cable guard, wrist sling with the new 6"
Camo Stealth from Jerry, string loop, Scott's NSC Mongoose release--the STS system is now in my spare kit--that's gone. Also fiddled with shimming the Eq cams a little, which improved some cam lean and corrected even more by installiing the Windstalker cable guard.
Also added a small "Canadian Flag" over the USA flag--just because I am a Canadian--please, no harm to my American colleagues, as well as, 'part' of a Spitfire broadhead sticker that says--"Stay Calm Pick a Spot".
I think that's about it.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:38 PM

I have the Defender VFT and the top silencer has lost all but 1 leg after 100 shots or so. The rest of the hush kit is fine. I felt that my bow didn't have that much shock to it so I put on a Cobra 8oz Quiet Tune with a 2" shaft just for balance. Now the bow just sits straight up and down in my hand after the shot. I have removed my wrist sling since I never used it on this bow. The bow is also very quiet so I don't know if there is an advantage to adding silencing equipment to it when compared to the added weight. My approach to this bow was to keep it fairly simple and as light as possible.

I looked at the BT Wild Thing but it just looks like it belongs in an adult toy store.

I have a hard time believing that the STS works that well. I had something similar on my Buckmaster G2 which I pulled off after a month and never put back on. Just my opinion, not intended to open up a huge debate.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 PM

Get comment about wild thing, my thoughts exactly!!!