Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My problems are all fixed

Old 06-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default My problems are all fixed

Dear Friends,
Last year I complained that my bow was shooting bad. I thought about buying a new bow but the experts here said it's not the bow it's probably the set up. They were right. I had a guy who shoots well in tounaments help me . I'm shooting real good now after he did the following.
1. Nock was 1/2 too high
2. Put a stabilizer on it
3. Had me use a quick release.

The nock was adjusted at a bow shop.last year...what a mess. My arrows were whipping and bending on the way to the target. Not anymore.
Chuck
Old 06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My problems are all fixed

The nock point should have been closer, but it is still the shooter's responsibility to tune his equipment. The problem is many novice shooters don't know how to tune or even that it is a requirement. You have found out. Lucky for you. The one thing I would point out is that it seems you have a pretty knowledgeable fellow to help. And a target shooter to boot. They are usually the ones who know how to really super tune equipment.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My problems are all fixed

Thanks,
Yeah ,he was happy to see the major improvement I made. It was someone I met at Walmart. He also had me sign up for a WMA to bow hunt with him in October. He had 2 other hunters he was training at his home as well...for free.I was very blessed. He shoots a Matthews. His groups were in a 2"circle. He also had me pull both shoulder blades together as I shot and open both eyes. I was amazed at the groups I was getting.
Chuck