Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need a longer draw length on hoyt bow

Old 06-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default need a longer draw length on hoyt bow

I am fixing a bow for a friend who has a power tec frame with redline limbs and a single redline cam. With the cam set on both #2pegs its draw length=28". So when I set them at 3 and 3 it increases to only 28.5". Im needing to get a 30" draw out of this bow, can it be done? He wants to shoot a release and loop, so he will get a little help from that, but the draw length still needs to grow more. Should i go with I a different cam?; shorter cable?; or longer string?

Thanks for any suggestions
burnie
Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 AM

Default RE: need a longer draw length on hoyt bow

You could try a shorter cable and longer string, but the correct way would be to purchase another cam.

What size cam is on it? Im pretty sure its a 5.

You could use a 6 or a 7, the 7 being better, but both would get you 30".

I might have one more size 6 lying around, if I come across it, would you be interested for like $35 shipped?

The other way would be to increase the string to 93.5" and the cable leave the cable alone. There is no guarantee that will make it perfect, but you can always twist em up till its right. Buy a cheap set first and make sure it will work, and then get a good set of strings. Thats what Id do.

Also, so you know, the bow will use the same string and cable (thats on it) with a size 6 or 7 cam. You may also gain about 5# of peak draw weight with the increase.

Have a good one---Matt
Old 06-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: need a longer draw length on hoyt bow

Different cam...and probably a different cable and string length subsequently. The Redline cams were draw length specific...give or take a half inch as you found with adjusting the string posts.

Also, the string loop will not change the draw length of the bow but will change some of the reference points used to maintain a consistant anchor point.

Hope this helps.