Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bohning Blazer ?, PLEASE REPLY.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bohning Blazer ?, PLEASE REPLY.

I am thinking of trying some of the blazers on a dozen goldtip prohunter shafts. I was wondering what size should I use shooting a fixed head such as a 100 grain 3 blade muzzy, or G5 montec? How much do they weigh as well? I usually get my arrows fletched at a right 4 degrees, and was wondering if this will work with these vanes? I have been using duravanes for years and like them alot, but I was thinking of trying something different just for the heck of it. Thanks to all.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Bohning Blazer ?, PLEASE REPLY.

I shoot blazers and g5's and they fly like darts. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 AM

BHunter32,

I use the 2 inch Blazers on a 2-3 degree right off-set. (On X-Weave carbon shafts) I shoot the 100 grain 3 blade Muzzys, extremely accurate. I also tried the 100 grain Montecs and they were very accurate also with the 2" Blazers.

Kev
Old 06-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies all. Is 2 inch the only size the blazers come in, and do you have any specs on them? Also any fletching tips as well. Thanks and good luck to you all.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:34 PM

The Blazers only come in 2" length. I have weighed several and they all seem to be between 5.5 and 5.9 grains each. I mount them with a right helical clamp and a 2-3 degree offset. I dont know if they really get a true helical twist to them but that was the clamp I had and didn't want to spend another $28 for the straight clamp. They work fine. I have used 3 vanes on all the arrows I have previously built but I am curently testing out some 4 vane arrows with nice results. The 4 vanes appear to stabilize the arrow faster, uh that would make sense, huh? So far my groups with 4 vaned arrows are 1" higher at 20 yards. I will go out to the range tomorrow and test them out to 30, 40 and maybe 50 yards if I get the time. At this time, I would say to go for 4 vanes if you are getting new arrows made. I will let you know my results tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

The blazers do come in a 1.5" size, but those should be kept on the target range with fieldpoints. For hunting, stick with the 2"

I shoot mine just as G2 Shooter does, with a right offset and a helical clamp. I tested some with just offset aganst the helical ones, and the helical seemd to make the group just a bit tighter.

The one fletching tip I have is that the blazers seem to bond better when using wraps as opposed to glueing directly to the shaft. For my blazer arrows, I take a regular 7" wrap and cut it in half.
DO NOT CLEAN THE BOTTOM OF THE VANE!....Bohning puts an accelerator on it and cleaning only removes the accelerator. I have used a multitude of glues and Bohning Platinum seems to work best for me. Not only that but it is nearly as fast setting as super glue.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 PM

hey g2, what kind of rest are you using with the 4 vane setup. heck, i may try that for hunting if i can get clearance - plus i bet it looks cool. are you doing all the same color, or 2 colors on opposit vanes?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just fletched up my first arrow with Blazers. I used an Arizona EZ Fletch with a hard right helical using AAE Speedset glue. Im gonna give them a shot tomorrow with me Stingers.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

hey g2, what kind of rest are you using with the 4 vane setup. heck, i may try that for hunting if i can get clearance - plus i bet it looks cool. are you doing all the same color, or 2 colors on opposit vanes?
Sorry for taking so long to respond gibblet. Here are a couple pics of my arrows I built. Right now I am using a NAP Quick Tune 4000. Both the 3 and 4 vane arrows clear the rest and I used it all last year on my Buckmaster but it does not have enough lateral adjustment for my Bowtech. I am going to try a QAD Ultra, VBG Kazaway and NAP is supposed to send me a new secret QT 4000 rest with more adjustment just for the new Bowtechs. I like the look of the Ripcord also but I think 3 rests is enough for now.
The arrows are Carbon Express CX200's with EZE Crest wraps, Blazers and CE nocks. The 3 vanes weigh 255 grains and the 4 vanes weigh 256 without points. That is because I cut off about 1/2" of wrap lengthwise on the 4 vane arrows. I will be doing that from now on. There isn't as much overlap. So I'm guessing the 3 vane arrows would weigh 250 if I cut the wrap.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM

Another pic.

Quick Reply: Bohning Blazer ?, PLEASE REPLY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.