Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

EZE-Crest Wraps

Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 AM

Default EZE-Crest Wraps

I have seen these on a few arrows and bought some to try out. It looks like they will go around my carbon shafts about 1-1/2 times. Will the extra few grains on one side of the shaft affect arrow flight that much or should I not worry about it?

Also, I remember a post on here where someone said they had a chemical to strip off the crests. What was that stuff and does it hurt the carbon shafts?

Thx
Old 06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: EZE-Crest Wraps

I've used them on GoldTips and ACCs and the overlap has not made a significant difference. I was shooting out to 70 yards this weekend and getting 6 inch groups so I can be fairly sure that they aren't affecting the flight.

I do not know what chemical would be used to remove them or why it would be needed. Just cut a strip of the crest away and it peels off fairly easily. Much easier than stripping fletching.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

It affects it none what-so-ever!! I love them I have them on my ACC's.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:59 PM

I've been using the wraps on Carbon Force Extremes and PSE Radial X-Weaves. I really like them. I didn't have to use any chemical either. I took an Exacto razor knife and just carefully cut down the length of the wrap, then it all peeled off, fletching and all. No glue residue was left on the shaft. My wraps overlap themselves by about 1/3 but it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Getting under 2" groups at twenty yards with them.

When I put on my fletching over the wraps, I adjust the jig so the cock feather "straddles" the exposed edge of the wrap. This is something I saw the guy do at the local shop and I just took his idea. Just seemed like a good idea, probably doesn't make any difference, but doesn't take any time either.

One thing that I really like about the wraps is how much easier it is to spot the arrow in the weeds. (When stump shooting) That white wrap really stands out with the colored fletching.

Kev
Old 06-10-2005, 10:55 AM

For what it's worth, I take an exacto knife and ruler and cut mine back to 1 inch across before I wrap the shafts. Results in less overlap when you're done.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:14 PM

I just made 3 arrows last night with the wraps and blazer vanes. They sure do look good.

hunohio, I had thought about cutting the wraps down. I will try that on the 3 arrows I want to build this weekend. Thanks

I found that the fletching cement I am using, Fletch-Tite Instant Gel, seems to take longer setting up on the wraps than on plain shafts. Any one else encountered this? What cement do you guys use?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. Got some myself. I dont know about carbons, but when I ruined one of my QuikSpins by shooting through it, I tore the wrap off, and Im glad I had them on there. No glue to worry about and it was fast getting them off there. Shooting xx78 Aluminums.