Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hindsight Experiences?

Old 06-05-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Hindsight Experiences?

Like some other recent posters I would like to experiment shooting without a peep.

There was a lot of discussion on the pluses of the No Peep, but I'm not convinced that is for me.

A couple of posters mentioned success with the Hindsight. In checking out the website this device seems pretty appealing. I like the idea of "looking in one place" that it seems to offer.

Anyone else out there tried one? Liked it? Or not? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hindsight Experiences?

I liked it. It makes you hold the same form everytime or the crosshairs will be off. I liked that I didnt have to look a different place than in line with my peep. It took a little time to get it set up, but its not really hard just time consuming.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

I have used one for about 4 years now and I love it. I shafted two arrows last summer with it. The only thing I don't like is that the cross hairs are hard to see when shooting at a white or very light gray, the only time I have run into this problem is shooting at polar bears and goats on video shoots. Other than that it stands out on brown and gray deer, black turkeys and bears, etc. very well.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:10 AM

Gundigest,

Could you color the crosshairs with an orange sharpie marker??

Kev
Old 06-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had one used it for a while then gave it away to a member of the forum.

It worked ok but the sight picture was too cluttered for my liking, plus you had to center the top pin only in the cross hairs then aim with another pin for longer distances.

Just a little too confusing to do specially at the critical moment when a monster walks out at 30yds.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

You dont have to use the top pin only. I used my center pin, which made it a little more easier to see. The reason I liked it was because it was right inline with my pins, I didnt have to look any where else but right at my pins.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

I only use one pin so I love it and it works great for out to 30 yards. As for coloring it with an orange marker, I don't see why you couldn't, however the cross hairs are glow in the dark and work very well in low light, so you probably wouldn't want to color them. They stand out great on brown, black and dark gray objects.

I still like mine 100% better than a peep sight and I will probably never go back. It works even better with the new Mathews bows with the roller guard. I was able to put mine behind the roller guard to give me a longer sight radius.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

i have tried it but prefer the NO PEEP or ANCHOR SIGHT.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have one on my switchback and I will never shoot with a Peep again I love it. It is not hard to use in my opinion at all. Just takes practice. Once you shoot 50 shots with it you will love it!!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have had one for three years now wouldnt give it up for anything![8D]

Quick Reply: Hindsight Experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.