Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultrarest issue

Old 05-16-2005, 04:26 AM

Default QAD Ultrarest issue

Hi All,

Question to ultrarest users :
After reading some comments on the QAD Ultrarest on this forum, I decided to buy one to put on my brand new Allegiance one month ago. This rest is really easy to tune&set up, and I quickly shot tight groups, even with broadheads.
Now that I have 500+ shot thru it without any problem, I had a very strange issue yesterday on a 3D course : it seems that the rest didn't drop down when I shot because I heard a slap and felt a hard shock in my hand(this shock forced down the rest arm).
Now, the rest doesn't stay cooked in the mid-aimed position every time. If I aim and slowly let down, the rest drops down.
Is there something to tune or is the rest broken?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:04 AM

Default RE: QAD Ultrarest issue

I've never had a problem like that with mine (or any problem, for that matter), but it sure sounds like something broke in the rest. Call QAD or go to their website and send them an e-mail explaining the problem. I have always gotten a real quick response from them when I've e-mailed. If they conclude it is broken, let us know what they did to correct the situation. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say the tiny (and I do mean TINY) little catch that keeps the rest up must have broken. I had similar experiences as yours. The rest worked great, shot great. Then it would "hang up" every once in a while. I tried to increase rest tension, and that helped for a while, but then it would hang up again. You can tell if it hangs up because you will hear a slap when the arm hits the riser, and your fletching will show signs of contact. I finally took my rest completely apart, and removed the tiny catch mechanism. The rest now functions much like a Trophy Taker, but drops every time and shoots great, just like it used to.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:06 AM

Things goes stranger....
Yesterday,I have unmounted the rest to check (I have seen nothing abnormal) then put it back on my bow
an a miracle occured : I had a 50 shots training session with a standard behavior of the rest.
I have just found that the rest produces a little ''click'' when aiming from mid position to full draw.
I think I'd better have a spare rest in my hunting pack!!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:52 PM

Tonight, I have completely disassembled the Ultrarest, I have found that the issue came from a loss of internal spring tension, so I have reassembled it with 1/2 turn added on the sping and everything is OK now!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:30 PM

Just out of curiousity, how do you get one of those apart. I've looked mine over and can't figure out how to open it (obviously, I'm no mechanic).
Old 05-17-2005, 04:53 PM

The key is a pin to remove in the hole just under the one in which there is the pulling string.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Spike

The new ones are switching to a set screw

No roll pin any more.

I love that rest too! Shoot it on my bowtech G3.2 306fps
and i just put one on the Liberty 1

Will have the hunter model out next month. That will be a BIGGG hit! Price is 50% less than the Ultra PRO

mike