Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews VS. Bowtech

Old 05-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews VS. Bowtech

I know this will get people all riled up but I think it is funny that most people on this forum talk trash about how much better bowtech is than Mathews and that people who shoot Mathews are buying the name but you don't here about all these different Mathews shooters talk about Cracked Limbs!!! Bowtech will argue about how good there customer service is and all I can think is that I bought my bow to shoot, not to talk to customer service about repairs! Sounds to me like all the Cracked limb shooters might want to check into another brand!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews VS. Bowtech

Oh man..........this is gonna be messy, but I will bite.

I think the reason you hear about limb problems on here is because Bowtech is by far the most popular brand of bow here. If there are 2x as many Bowtech's on here, I am sure you will hear of more problems with them by law of averages.

I am a Bowtech shooter, but it is completely ignorant to say that either bow is better than the other. I shot the outback before I bought my patriot, and I liked the patriot much better, it felt better to me. I don't necessarily think the patriot is a better bow though, it just works for me better.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Do a search on archery talk for Bowtech cracked limbs and Mathews cracked limbs and see which comes up w/ more hits?

I already know the answer and it's not Bowtech.

Not to mention Mathews had a huge issue w/ cracked limbs... and was notorious for only replacing 1 limb.

Now I've seen a few of the Bowtech cracked limb issues on this board.. and there are only a few.. but some have had multiple problems.. which points towards a problem w/ the bow.. not just the limbs. Bowtech's customer service has taken care of them.. some getting a new bow out of it if the problem was recurring and couldn't be resolved.

I've owned 3 Bowtechs now... a '02 Patriot, '03 Patriot dually, and an '04 Pro40 dually.. and haven't had a singe issue w/ any of them.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see you are grooming yourself for a career in politics.[8D]
Old 05-11-2005, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Lung Buster

I know this will get people all riled up but I think it is funny that most people on this forum talk trash about how much better bowtech is than Mathews and that people who shoot Mathews are buying the name but you don't here about all these different Mathews shooters talk about Cracked Limbs!!! Bowtech will argue about how good there customer service is and all I can think is that I bought my bow to shoot, not to talk to customer service about repairs! Sounds to me like all the Cracked limb shooters might want to check into another brand!!
You shouldn't think it's funny, many have went from Mathews to BowTech (I'm one of them) and for good reason. BowTech offers a much larger line up than Mathews that appeals to a broader range of shooters. BowTech bows come with custom class strings and cables and are more adjustable for draw length to suit the shooter perfectly. BowTech also has the edge in power for hunting and speed for 3D. They also make some of the easiest and smoothest drawing bows on the market
If you want smooth or fast or a combination of both,, Bowtech delivers,, in a variety of ATA length bows.
There's something for everyone with BowTech bows
Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the thing. I went to Bowtech after shooting Hoyt for many years. Not that there is a thing wrong with Hoyt. Still one of the best in the industry. I chose Bowtech over others because of the feel of the bow. Not to mention the speed, ease of draw, quality materials and excellent support.

If you notice, there is only one or maybe two bow models from last year that are having any issues. Yes, I do believe Bowtech had a problem with an individual run of bows. Maybe it was limb manufacturer error, maybe it was Bowtech's fault. But, they must have recognized it, fixed it and moved on. The 05's so far aren't reporting any issues to date. And there are a lot of them out there! So many in fact, that they are outselling the competition right now.

Please don't tell me Mathews has never had a design flaw, or issue with any of their bows in the past. They all have one time or another. There is not a manufacturer out there in any industry that has never had a problem with something. Simple or complex.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Well, I am one of those BowTech guys that has had a limb crack. Customer service is top notch, better than any other bow company and I am 100% sure of that now.

As far as Mathews go, they have there problems too. My buddy bought a new S-Back and has already experienced several problems (string stretch, string breaking, a burr on the cam, serving seperation, cam lean, grip falling off, and his latest problem was a warped cam). Now, with that said, this is more than likely a fluke incident and he is still in love with his bow know that he has got everything figured out and working right!

All companies are going to have glitches every once in awhile, it is how the companies takes care of those problems that sets them apart, and I can personally speak on BowTech's behalf for that!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:03 PM

Another one of these posts? Come on...

To each his own. These posts stepping on one company to put another on a pedastal are getting tiresome.

I hope everyone is shooting what they want to shoot. Yes?

Good.

Alright Let's go back to trying to help out fellow hunters. Without bashing their choice of bow. Kumbaya, anyone?!

Will
Old 05-11-2005, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Oh man..........this is gonna be messy, but I will bite.

I think the reason you hear about limb problems on here is because Bowtech is by far the most popular brand of bow here. If there are 2x as many Bowtech's on here, I am sure you will hear of more problems with them by law of averages.

I am a Bowtech shooter, but it is completely ignorant to say that either bow is better than the other. I shot the outback before I bought my patriot, and I liked the patriot much better, it felt better to me. I don't necessarily think the patriot is a better bow though, it just works for me better.

Well said............
Old 05-12-2005, 06:32 AM

but you don't here about all these different Mathews shooters talk about Cracked Limbs!!!
I have had more warranty issues with Mathews bows than Bowtech in my shop.

Sounds to me like all the Cracked limb shooters might want to check into another brand!!
GREAT ADVICE!!!!........................thats why three X Mathews shooters are now shooting Bowtech from my shop

Quick Reply: Mathews VS. Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.