Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

another liberty goes crack

Old 05-11-2005, 07:01 AM

Default another liberty goes crack

I BOUGHT A LIBERTY IN AUGUST OF 2004, AND JUST NOTICED LAST NIGHT THE BOTTOM LIMB HAS A CRACK RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE! WHAT SHOULD I DO FIRST?
CALL BOWTECH?
GO BACK TO THE DEALER?
DO I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE SAME DEALER?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: another liberty goes crack

Well, at least they have a good customer service department.

I'd call bowtech myself and see if you can ship it back to them to have it fixed.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

You might give Bowtech a call.. but I'm pretty sure that they'll tell you to talk to your dealer 1st.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see this is your 1st post, so you might not know how to do so yet.......please check your "Private Messages" under your profile. Click on "My Inbox" in your profile to get your messages......I sent you one.

While you're at it, fill out a profile so we get to know ya a little bit.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:08 AM

I was looking at those last week in a shop - let us know how it's dealt with.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Demand a new bow.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:55 PM

HAHA!!! Thats not really funny but after haveing two limbs crack on mine. I got smart and went and got me A mathews. Yea they have good costmer service but whats that do for you the day before hunting season starts.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 PM

Some people have all the luck, sometimes its bad and sometimes its good. I do know I talked to a guy that had it happen to two Black Knights about a year back. One came in and crack went the limb in the first week he had the bow. Sent it back, bowtech fixed it and the same thing happened. Send the bow back, bowtech replaced the bow and he sold it as soon as it came back because he was tired of it and since it was fixed he wanted no more to do with it. Might have been other reasons involved to. Another Bowtech shooter I know has put thousands of shots through his ... I think it is a patrioit sc but I'm having a brain fart, and has had no problems. And he doesn't take particularly good care of the bow IMO.

I do agree if I had a bow go on me twice like that there is no way I would shoot it anymore. I would be wary after one limb cracking for no reason but two.. I just could never trust that the bow wasn't going to go bang on opening day. I have backups mind you so it wouldn't be the end of the world but....
Old 05-20-2005, 01:13 AM

I have had my '04 80lb Liberty since 1st of '04, and not one problem....Just like any manufacture there is always going to be a problem with something, pockets milled just enough off to cause limbs to crack, what ever....But Bowtech's Customer Service is top notch and will stand behind their product. Sorry to hear you had such misfortune with yours....
Old 05-22-2005, 05:53 PM

like a mattehws never had a cracked limb. Hah!

Quick Reply: another liberty goes crack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.