Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Revolution Taxidermy Supply

Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Revolution Taxidermy Supply

Okay guys, I don't know a whole lot about Taxidermy but I told this guy I would give him a free little plug on here and hopefully some of you taxidermists out there can check out his forms and see what you think. His name is Brian Johnson from Hayward, Wisconsin and he's just trying to break into the taxidermy form business. Before he did this he designed targets for Rhinehart, along with also doing chainsaw carving and actually teaching a chainsaw carving school as well. I personally saw his workshop this weekend and I was very impressed with the detail in his forms, as well as some of the unique poses he has. The "Last Chance Semi-Sneak" really caught my eye. If I somehow manage to shoot a nice buck this year that's the form I intend on getting him put on. It's really pretty cool.

Anyways, if you guys get a chance check out his site and see what you think. Brian is a super nice guy and takes great pride in his work.

www.revolutiontaxidermysupply.com

Thanks guys.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Revolution Taxidermy Supply

If my memory serves me right, Brian also sculpted most of the more accurate deer forms that Rinehart carried, too. Hes no stranger to the deer sculpting arena. I also believe that his newest form line also incorporates a new design eye from Tohikon Glass eyes, that mates to his form style. Its hard to find a "new" form pose anymore, but some guys, like Brian, are taking great strides in doing the poses more realistic these days. If you like his forms, ask your taxidermist to order one of Brians catologs.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:49 AM

Thanks Justin,
I have mounted alot of deer on McKenzie, Joe Meder, and Buckeye forms. It will be nice to have some " Fresh " poses to use.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bill Yox

If my memory serves me right, Brian also sculpted most of the more accurate deer forms that Rinehart carried, too.
You're right, he sculpted the vast majority of Rhinehart's targets as well, and still does some contract work for them from time to time.

I also believe that his newest form line also incorporates a new design eye from Tohikon Glass eyes, that mates to his form style.
Right again, I believe he told me that he owns the patent on the eye, which is produced by Tohikon

Its hard to find a "new" form pose anymore, but some guys, like Brian, are taking great strides in doing the poses more realistic these days. If you like his forms, ask your taxidermist to order one of Brians catologs.
Yep, the one thing that really impressed me was how much emphasis he really put on doing new and unique things with his forms. He sculpts things from an entirely different perspective than most people and I have to hand it to him, he does great work.

Okay, I'm done with my shameless plugs for now.