Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

mounting panels

Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default mounting panels

ok guys..i need a little help. i did a ton of searching and came up with a few options..only 1 if which makes it to a "maybe"

im looking for a shoulder mounting panel for a whitetail shoulder mount.

first question is what size do you guys generally use?? i see alot of panels come in 3-5 sizes..some small for skull mounts and a couple others that would fit shoulder mounts. if you could give me say the typical measurements vertical and horizontal of a typical shoulder mount pose, i can figure out the numbers i want for the panel. i dont own a deer mount or id measure my own..

next, does anyone know where i can find mounting panels that are shaped like an arrow head?? id like a nice solid wood one with a nice design that you can look at and say "OH thats an arrowhead!" i see alot in the shape, but not real nice..also, Rob/pa has one like i want that holds a picture embedded in it..awesome. he got it at a festival or somewhere local. that would be nice...but not required...

any help?? thanx guys...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mounting panels

I like my panels to be just a little larger than my mount, but some prefer a larger panel. McKenzie sells a very nice solid oak or walnut arrowhead. http://www.mckenziesp.com/