Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

taxidermist income and start up costs

Old 11-11-2005, 04:57 PM

Default taxidermist income and start up costs

can anybody help me
I am looking for info on what a taxidermist makes and what shop set costs might be any help would be aprriciated I am in Colorado
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM

Default RE: taxidermist income and start up costs

Like any other business it is up to you and how business smart you are, start up cost is very small, you will need . good knives or scalpels drill, cut off saw, needles thread, screw drivers and a few other tools, a table to work on, freezer.
as you become known and work comes in then you can expand into other tools.

I started in 1965 and was earning about $500 a week back then it was good money , considering a man took home 100 to 125 a week for 40 hours.

Today I gross 3 million annually, my business will be up for sale next year, for 8.2 Mill. Includes ranch house and barn with horse stalls with stall rentals all full right now, will gross $30,000 a year. 4.8 acres of avocado and mango , grossing 27,000 a year, Shop on rear with 500 saltwater fish molds, Grossing 3.2 million9 employees.