Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Deposit on a Drahthaar

Old 05-09-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Deposit on a Drahthaar

Time for a new birddog with the passing of my lab. He was a good retriever, but too hot to be much fun as a family dog. He never really did settle down. The new dog will be a Verein Deutsch Drahthaar. She should be here in about six weeks. I hope she compliments my GSP for ptarmigan and should be useful for fox hunting and ducks as well.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deposit on a Drahthaar

Hey AM,
Congrats. Isn't hard waiting for a new dog? Just like when we were young at Christmas time waiting for Santa to bring the toy you ask for
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM

AM
You won't disappointed with the Drahthaar. They are super hunting/ family dogs. My old Dog loves the kids, but when I am gone for an evening my wife brings him inside. If someone strange came inside without me there I would almost feel sorry for them (I said ALMOST). But if I approve of them then he will not even look at them twice. Good Luck with him. Are you on the VDD messages? you can get some good info.
Scott
Old 05-10-2005, 07:22 PM

AlaskaMagnum,
Congrats on the soon to be new DD for the family. Where are you getting the little guy from? I have a 2 year old DD and he complements my Britt just dandy in the field.

Huntermag
Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 PM

AlaskaMagnum
I am curious as is HunterMag where your getting your pup from?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:23 PM

I am getting her from a breeder in New York. It is a repeat breeding. Both sire and dam seem to be what I am looking for and the first litter tested extremely well from the references.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:01 AM

If you mean Andrei N. Everything i hear Adolf is a very nice dog. Good Luck
Scott
Old 05-12-2005, 07:18 AM

Yep,

That's the one.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:18 PM

versdog,

Just curious, have you seen Adolf or other dogs from this litter work? You seem pretty educated, and this will be my first attempt with this breed so I could probably use some pointers.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 PM

AM
I have not seen any of the dogs from this litterl, sorry. I have had Drahthaars over 12 years and researched them for about 3 years before that. I have had the privlage to meet many of the breeders in the group in my travels. I was also lucky to have a stud dog that was bred several times. The great thing about this group is you can gain alot of knowledge from most everyone in the group. Drop me private email.
Scott

Quick Reply: Deposit on a Drahthaar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.