Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

6 Month old Chewing everything

Old 12-31-2004, 10:23 AM

Default 6 Month old Chewing everything

This lab pup has a taste for everything, door mats, furniture, hands, Christmas ornamnents... you get the picture. He's not mine but belongs to my wife's employer. I say to keep him Kenneled when leaving him alone but promised to ask you good people in the forum for any special tips/books/ programs that would allow the fella to stay in the house. he lives with 2 teenage girls one mom and a really in need of help for escaping girls pre-teen boy.
Any helpful advice or suggestions appreciated,

Roost
Old 12-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 6 Month old Chewing everything

Lab pups love to chew. Bitter Apple found in pet stores can be put on items you don't want him to chew on or a hot sauce though it might stain some items. They will mostly grow out of it. I would kennel him when you can't keep an eye on him. when he does chew on something you don't want him to tell him NO in a loud voice take it away and give him a chew toy instead. My lab still likes the furry stuff animals.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 6 Month old Chewing everything

This might not be the best solution but we had a Golden at one time that loved to grab Kleenex or anything that paper out of the garbage can. Well, we put a little tobassco sauce on a Kleenex and left it on the floor. He grabbed it and chewed it and after a couple of times it cured him of his habit.