Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Vizsla Pups Coming

Old 06-01-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Vizsla Pups Coming

I will be breeding my female Vizsla in the next day or two. She is a very good hunter and family companion. The sire is a young boy named, Rebel Rouser Camaco "Rio". My girl is OFA certified, and all vaccinations are current. Her name is Colleen's Lady Sadie, her grandsire is a dog named Golden Empire's Dr. T. Both sire and dam come from very good lines. "Rio" has had one full season hunting as a rookie, he is in training as I type this, he's a hard charging, full of piss and vinegar boy and is learning what its all about. My girl loves to hunt, she points, backs, retrieves in water and will work a ditch as though its chuck full of birds!
I would love to see these pups go to folks that hunt, thats what this breeding is all about, I will be keeping a pup for myself. I have been hunting and owning Vizslas since 1979, I'm not a professional breeder, but I do know what the desireable traits should be and I believe I am honoring the standards of this breed. There are multiple champions on both sire and dam pedigrees.
Here is a photo taken over last weekend of the sire.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:07 AM

Default RE: Vizsla Pups Coming

The breeding took place on June 3, 2004, so pups should come in about 60 days. I will be having their dew claws removed and their tails docked, and administering shots and worming as required.
Here's a photo of both sire and dam.