Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Shoot to Retrieve Association

Old 05-29-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Shoot to Retrieve Association

Could anyone give me any informaton on the National Shoot to Retrieve Association (NASTRA)? I've been looking into bird dog clubs like NAVHDA and others to join and this group was mentioned. I've never heard of it before. The small amount of info I got sounded interesting, but I was hoping to hear from anyone with knowledge or experience with how the group operates and what reputation it has, etc. Thanks!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 PM

Default RE: Shoot to Retrieve Association

I went to a couple meets and the folks were real friendly i went to see what they do and all the people i talked to were really friendly i think when i get a bird dog ill join just to have fun
Old 05-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoot to Retrieve Association

If you can find one in your area, give it a try. Our dog club did that for years. No better training for your dog either as it is as close to real conditions as possible. Folks are more than happy to give you help. Plus, you get all that extra shooting practice. In our case, good eating too as we mostly used chukar or pheasant. Good luck and have fun.

Ron