Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Questions about force training

Old 05-21-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Questions about force training

I've got my 6 mo. old female black lab at a trainers kennel going through force right now. She has been there for a week and when I went to see her today she acted like she didn't know who I was. After about 5 mins of calling, etc. she finally came up to me and greeted me then she was all over me. It is kind of disturbing to me that she reacted that way. The trainer says that is normal since he is around her 24/7, but I have never heard of this? Has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:24 PM

Default RE: Questions about force training

The Guys I train with are pro traininers and when we are working dogs occassionally the owners will show up and the same thing happens to the younger dogs. I haven't seen it as much with the older dogs, I would say it is normal and not to lose sleep over it at this point.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:54 AM

same situation with a dog i trained for my dad. dog was "mine" while training but now the dog ignores me for him. so not to worry, perfectly normal.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Totally normal reaction, particularly during FF. FF REALLY messes with a dog's head during the process. However , you will be more than pleased with the outcome and final product.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:00 PM

Thanks for input! I was concerned I was screwing this thing up. I can rest a little easier now.

Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:11 PM

Just got my dog back from my trainer. He was doing FF as well. My pup did the same thing. Acted like he didn't know who I was. He's been back home a couple of weeks now and everything is back to normal. Don't worry too much about it. I think it is normal.