Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Breaking a dog from barking

Old 05-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Breaking a dog from barking

I to have heard nothing but less than favorable reports on Innotek products. Dogtra and TT have good products.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:42 PM

This might sound a little crazy but I got my lab to quit barking by waiting quietly upstairs with the window open and when she barked I dropped a water baloon on her. I only had to use 3 baloons
Old 05-25-2004, 07:56 PM

For those who have said that the Innotek bark collars are junk, what specifically didn't you like about them? All I had to do was charge mine and make sure it was fastened tight enough on my dog's neck and it worked like a charm.
My father has about 20 bird dogs in his kennels at any given time and he uses the Innoteks when he gets an especially mouthy dog from a customer. They've worked well for him too.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:42 PM

JimboHunter. the reason I think mine was junk is that it keep eating batteries and once it was activated I could not turn it back off. I took it back to Bass Pro the first time they replaced it. I got a new one and it lasted about 2 months and it would not shut off once it was activated again. I took this one back and the sales man said they have been having problems with the collars. and suggested the TT Bark Collar. I also purchased a Innotek 2000 and it lasted about 3 months before giving me problems. The receiver kept having to be re programed and it would not function properly. I sent it back they replaced it no problem and then I would not be able o turn off the new one after about 5 months. I also had times where the dog would get zapped without me activating the buttons . I ended up sending back and when they replaced the collar for the 2nd time I sold it I have also talked to others that use the Innotek and they expirenced the same problems as I did. Maybe it was a bad batch of of equipment. But I purchased the items to last not to give me and the dogs problems. Since getting a TT i have had no problems with either item the collar or bark collar and the TT bark collar is easier to activate and change the settings. No magnets involved. If others have had no problems then I am happy for you. I just had a bad expierence with there equipment.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:37 PM

Wow BLKLAB, if I had half of the problems with the Innotek that you did, I'd say they are junk too! It was either just bad luck on your part OR they really are low quality collars. The Tri-Tronics sound like they're worth the extra money to me.