Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

new pup JAKE, w/pics

Old 05-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new pup JAKE, w/pics

nope , that would be me..... older but not too old everyone thinks as you do.....i better post pics more often so ya'll know i'm not older than dirt
i was thinking about training him to retrieve, he loves it, but he's scared of loud noises....even clapping.i'll work with him and see what happens, if not , well that is ok, i have a buddy to go scouting with me....that is th eonly thing i dont like about a rescue, you dont know thier past and what could of happened...he's insecure, but i'll have him toughin' up in no time, i hope, if not..oh well, i still have him and that is all that matters....
Old 05-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great looking dog. Got mine from the shelter. Best dog I ever had and smartest too.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks mdbohuntr- he's good dog....and he's getting better with the noises annnnnnnnnnnnnnd he loved the woods when i brought him.... i was scared he wouldnt because he acts liek he doesnt like the grass or pine needles in the yard, lol...but he's gonna be just fine
Old 05-10-2004, 06:18 AM

nice pup...have fun with him!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

well thats a great looking woman....opps I mean pup lol..

Huntnma still looking great, and congrats on the lab, very good looking dog!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

thats a nice pup i am getting me a chocolate lab this week after i get back from my hunting trip
Old 05-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks ya'll......sunset, i will......koontzy , glad to see you back online, sweet as ever.....and DJBAD, good luck and enjoy yours when you get it......Jake is a good dog, he has some issues, but with time he'll work them out ,lol......like he thinks the bed is his......he'll take something that he knows he shouldnt have and sit there looking at you with it in his mouth, lol.....he is just too cute....though he has this thing with my deer's feet and some of my hog skulls, that will stop.....he has toys and bones galore, he doesnt need mine too......i'm glad i got him....he just came in with this green thing hanging out of his mouth......it was alizard, lol......i guess he needs to show me what he does, lol.....
Old 05-21-2004, 10:34 PM

huntnma, we have a four year old lab. The neatest thing about a lab is that they're so versatile. If you're playing, they're playing. If you're sleeping, they're sleeping. They just seem like an extension of yourself. PLUS, with the fact that we had a baby two months ago, it's nice to know that they're so kid-friendly and you never have to worry about any funny stuff. Any way you cut it, they're about the best dog breed you can get, especially if you like the outdoors.
Have fun with him.