Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

I'm in love!!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:02 AM

Default I'm in love!!

I was given an english setter. He's 8 months old. His name was freckles. I changed it to Fred. Freckles was a little embarrassing for him.
Anyway, he was shy and cowering at first. I have had him for a few months now and he is AWESOME!!!!! He retrieves, points, flushes. I haven't really taught him these things. I've just played games with him to get him over his shyness. He just wants to please me and he is a natural.
I have english pointers, which I love, and german pointer. But, this guy just has a great attitude.
Have you ever just clicked with a dog??
Old 03-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm in love!!

congreats!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

that is awesome, i love spending time with my dog
Old 04-05-2004, 12:24 PM

I have a weimaraner/english pointer mix that I got at our local animal shelter when she was 9 weeks old. This is my first hunting dog but i have put my time in with her and she is spectacular. I even hunted her in a competition this past winter where she out performed me . You get out what you put in my firends and once in a while you get lucky like I did and find a dog that aims to please> I named my dog Abby which is short for Abigail which in the book of baby names means one who brings joy. Words can not explain the fun that I have had hunting over this dog. I spen everyday looking forward to our next outting I hope you can all be as frotunate.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:06 PM

Sounds like an interesting mix of breeds...I would love to see a pic...She sounds awesome.