Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

I'll never buy at Petco again...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'll never buy at Petco again...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet supply retail giant PETCO is working in partnership with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest anti-hunting group, to bring the animal rights message to school children across the country. The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance demands that this relationship be terminated. Here is a link you may want to read... Used to alway's stop there when ever we went to Spokane.....never more [:@][:@] http://www.ussportsmen.org/interacti...ad.cfm?ID=1033
Old 03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'll never buy at Petco again...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I visited Petco's website and sent them an e-mail letting them know that I planned to boycott their stores in my area and that I would be spreading the word to let others know what they were doing and to encourage them to boycott Petco stores too. I would encourage any one who reads this to sent them an e-mail voicing your opinion as well.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:09 PM

Thanks wayne. I heard Iams was doing the same thing. I switched dog food immediately. Will not go back to Petco either.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up Wayne. Up until this point, my girlfriend and I did most of our shopping at PETCO. I sent them a nasty email informing them that I would boycott all of their stores. I also told them that I work in the hunting department of a large sporting goods store, and that I would be informing as many people as possible about their affiliation with the HSUS. Thanks again.
jonny p
Old 03-15-2004, 01:05 PM

I just sent PETCO an email requesting that they clarify their partnership with HSUS and their stance on hunting, fishing, etc. will post any response that i get from PETCO.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the heads up... i usually go to pets mart or walmart anyways, but now i def will. although the humane society does do lots of good, i can't stand their stance on hunting, and especially their stance on fishing...
Old 03-31-2004, 03:38 PM

Great heads up Wayne! Let's all do what we can to get the word out on the anti's and any businesses that work with them.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:03 PM

Better Beagling had an article about Iams, eukabuna(? spelling) being a part of this group also. They asked all readers to let all retailers know, especially to contact Proctor & Gamble about boycotting all of their products as well.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:06 PM

I found the article that I just mentioned. March 2004. It lists all retailers and theri addresses.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:19 AM

Thanks man! My wife and I usually do our shopping at PetCo... until now! Unfortuantely, we may have to still use them since no other stores in our area sell crickets (I have several reptiles). Is PetSmart part of the same company?
Another question, while we're on the pet store and food topic: We use that high dollar stuff... what the hell is it called? Grrrrrr[:@], I can't recall the name now... oh yeah: Science Diet, for all of our dogs. Are they anti-hunting as well? It's funny, but I recall seeing Eukanuba and Iams commercials on OLN and on ESPN Outdoors... at least I think I did. Anyway, does anyone know of a web site that lists all the pet companies who are in league with anti-hunting organizations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.