Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

People really suck!

Old 03-30-2004, 01:59 PM

Default RE: People really suck!

ORIGINAL: losthwy

Little gets me going like something like this. I can't watch Animal Planet's "Animal Cops", gets me worked up like someone just slapped my mom. Unbelievable what some people do to a pet. How is pooch coming along?
I agree, Animal cops drives me NUTS! As far as the authorities doing anything to animal abusers, here's the hard part: The laws aren't strong enough. Another problem we, as hunters, face is that it's hard to pass stronger animal cruelty laws due to the others trying to do the same thing... the antis. 90% of hunters love their dogs as much as they love people... sometimes more. But antis don't understand that and neither do most non-hunters. In addition to hunting dogs, I also have two little ankle-biters. My mini-dachshund (who could've been an AWESOME grouse dog) I rescued from a puppy mill. She was a breeding female, had a still-born litter (from over-breeding) and the owner was going to club her since, "She ain't making me no money." I took my little girl and called the Humane Society. The puppy mill was shut down, but for how long? Anyway, I took my dachsie in for a check-up and it turns out that this guy shot her several times with a BB gun!!!!! She had three BB's in her back legs! She's the sweetest damn dog I've ever met and it pisses me off to NO END that someone could've treated her like that!
Sorry all... I get REALLY worked up when I think about people hurting their dogs. There was a prayer that my wife (who is a Vet Tech) taught me: "God grant me the wisdom and patience to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am." Your dog is the most loyal companion you'll ever have and you should treat them as such. They work for you without complaint. They endure cut pads, long walks, "stickers" in their hair, cactus (in some areas) in their feet and legs, freezing and scorching tempuratures. And they still love you at the end of the day. And yet some d*ckheads still feel the need to beat them or hurt them for no reason. Give me one day with someone who beats a dog and I'll teach them the meaning of the word "Pain". Keep trying with your dog Boss... they have the intelligence of the average two year old ya know. It takes time, patience, and love. Good for you for showing the patience and love it's taking to teach this dog that not all owners are *ssholes!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

i don't know how someone could do that to any animal, but especially a dog! not much gets me fired up like this. i have a german shorthaired pointer, and i have hit her maye ten times in her life, and that was just on the snout for doing things she knows she shouldn't do... and i feel bad every time i do it. i am a christian and believe that God should do the judging, but i seriously doubt that i could have the faith that you have enough to not want to hurt this person! i have fostered dogs in the past, but none like this. you deserve a medal and bless you for doing this!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:00 PM

Isn't it just sickening what some "people" will do to a helpless animal? There are a lot of suffering animals out there, but they'll find peace soon, I hope. blackliner,, I hope your dog starts feeling better, keep us posted on how it's all going.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

backliner,

I don't think I can add anything to what others have said, just keep up the good work and patience and he'll come around.

If you're like me, "I THINK MORE OF MY DOGS THAN MOST PEOPLE I KNOW'!

dog1