Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

People really suck!

Old 02-29-2004, 09:33 AM

Default RE: People really suck!

Hey guys, thanks for all of your concern! Bandit has come through his neutering/surgery well and is recovering. I never cease to be amazed at animals' abilities to survive. This dog was regularly beaten and kicked, tormented through his kennel door, rarely fed or watered and his hunting trips amounted to prolonged torture sessions. All that, and he can still wag his tail and play fetch with the dokken.

The worst part is that he is just one of thousands out there. We take about 25-30 foster/rescue dogs into our kennels per year, and still recieve more requests than we can hope to honor.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:16 PM

God have mercy on the jerk that did this...
Why? I say don't give the idiot any mercy!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:40 PM

give the dog another chance, but put the first owner down. some people are no smarter than a rock.[:@]
Old 03-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

God bless you, blackliner, for doing rescue. It's a real challenge.

Abuse comes in many forms. We just got a rescue in last week, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The breed standard for Cavaliers says they should weigh about 18# max. This poor dog weighed in at 40.1#; he is so fat, you can hardly tell he's a Cavalier. A clear case of the previous owners trying to kill him with kindnesss.

Bruce
Old 03-28-2004, 08:32 AM

Kinda sounds to me like the guy that owned the dog before needs to get kicked in the testicles, bound up with rope, and poked with sticks and a couple more things that I probably shouldn't say on here. There is no reason for people to do that to a dog, especially a good hunting dog. These jerks should just get treated however they treat their dogs. There are some bad people in this world, and I just feel very sorry for the dogs that have to go live with them.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 PM

This really suck. really sucks. Let me preface this by saying that all of your good wishes and best thoughts have been greatly appreciated. Now the hard part- Bandit is going to have to be euthanized.

After all of the work my wife and I have done with him, and all of the time spent gentling him down, he still didn't have enough trust in people to not bite. While I was away last weekend, he bit two people badly. He thought he was protecting my wife, but house guests are not intruders.

I really felt like we were making good progress until now. I don't know, I just can't trust him to think like a normal dog. I have never known a brit to attack like this- ever. I place all of the blame on the mother f#*#er that bought him from the breeder and proceeded to torture him for the next three years. Believe me, your thoughts on what to do with him are far kinder than what is running through my head...

thanks...blackliner
Old 03-29-2004, 05:19 AM

I have never known a brit to attack like this- ever
nope they don't .....had to be the previous owners cruelty. so sorry to hear that you had to put Bandit down.

keep up the good work though. you obviously have a gift.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:16 PM

Iam so sorry you had to put him down, I have a brit and i just can't bear to think what i would do in yout situation, Iam new to this fourm so i try to read as much as i can to catch up on whats going on in here, and this was the first post i have read it really sucks what some a#$hole will to to their dogs. I can't say I know how you feel cuse i dont all I can say is Iam sorry that it had to end in that way and i wish there were more people like you,,helping other pups that really need a second chance. the guy who had that pup should be tied up and kicked in his parts. I don't want to call them testicles, or balls, or nuts becuse a person like that has no balls..IMO
Old 03-29-2004, 01:16 PM

So glad to hear the dog is making a recovery. Tough job, cleaning up scars left by somebody else-but thanks from all of us to you.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

it is people like you blackliner that i have a high amount of respect for, it sounds like the new dog is being properly taken care of now, too bad what he had to go through, i can't stand to hear about someone torturing an innocent dog

Quick Reply: People really suck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.