Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

i never thought this would happen?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Hey sproul, I am glad to here that Toby is doing alright with his missing toe..
YES, THANKS.he slips a lot more than before so i need to get boot for that foot.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default missing toe on front paw

just update,. toby is running fine with missing toe.i will know better in oct hunting grouse but it looks real good .no limping now.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

I am glad to hear Toby is adapting well. It is amazing what they can go through. He could have had his whole leg amputated and he'd still hunt as hard as before. I had a sharpei mix that came down with tongue cancer. Had the tumor removed and he was receiving experimental treatments from the univ. of Wisc and then the tumore grew back like an ice berg under the surface. Had the tumor removed again and then 2 weeks later he wouldn't drink and was in severe pain. It was time and we had him put to sleep. It sucks, not because it cost over $5,000 but because he had suffered needlessly for the last 2 months of his life because the vets gave false hope for what I believe was nothing more than medical research.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

how are ya.my sister just paid 700 dollars for vet to tell her that her daughters dog is not going to be around long.
she just cant understand when its time and WONT listen to me.

she has to pay vet to tell her becauise he is good looking to her, unreal.but its her and i cant change it.her last dog was falling and not drinking, i said kay your dog is dying.she goT mad at ole sproul.

she said, VET WILL HELP HIM in a mean tone to me.well she paid 900 dollars on that one to only have good looking vet tell her,KAY YOUR DOG IS DYING.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I'm good Sproul, not been around much.

Yeah, I think the dog's sometimes hold on so long because they know we want them to because it's what is best for us. There is nothing in the world like a dog's love and loyalty.