Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

boykin spaniel

Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Spike

Default boykin spaniel

my girlfriend, loves to bird hunt and wants a boykin spaniel for her birthday. I am a lab person, an have a 7 year old lab, that hunts nothing but tennis balls,treats, and sticks and thats fine by me and her. If we get boykin, we want 90% pet,friend,and companion. If we train and it becomes a good hunting dog then that is just a bonus. I take buying a pet very seriously, and want to do this right. Any suggestions on where to start, or breeders that yall can vouch for. I was thinking 1000 dollars, but i would spend more if i felt it necesery to do this right. I want pet and housedog first hunting second
Old 02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I know where there is a 2-1/2 year old spayed female Boykin who could really use a good home right now. I honestly know nothing about her blood line, just that she needs a home where she'll get a lot of love and affection.

The guy who has her for sale is in central Illinois and has been trying to sell her for a while, his current price is $1000 and that's probably his bottom.

I'd rather not post more info than this, here in the open, but will give out all I can if you send me a PM. Thanks!

This little dog really needs to get out of where she is and into a nice home.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with two friends that have Boykins. Both of these are excellent dogs. One has been trained to point quail and wood****, and retrieve ducks and doves. The other has been trained to blood trail deer, and is being worked with to trqin him to retrieve. Both of these dogs ahve great dispositions, and seem to me to be great pets as well. They do shed like crazy.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Spike

The Boykin Spaniel has a Spaniel type head. The tail is docked. The waterproof coat is rather wavy or curly, but a smooth coat is acceptable (hunters care more about the dogs hunting abilities than its coat type). Color- Liver or Brown. The Boykin is larger than the ****er Spaniel, with a smaller higher set ears that are covered with long wavy hair. He has considerably less hair and a straighter muzzle.
============
powerdvd
web content management systems
Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Check out and call the Boykin Spaniel Society

http://www.boykinspaniel.org

Great dogs. but tend to be very hyper espicially in the first year or 2. You must give these dogs an outlet for they energy. run with them. throw balls. do something everyday. After you get that out of them for the day they will lay on the couch with you for the rest of the night.

They can be both this

and this
Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Spike

That is very nice site according to me.......There are many different topics available here so I hope that you will read care fully and take more information......