Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Got my new GSP pup

Old 05-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Got my new GSP pup

got her last week having abit of trouble coming up with a good name I was leaning toward RIO but that' s a males name. any ideas??
Old 05-11-2003, 10:07 AM

Default RE: Got my new GSP pup

Congrats, Hoss! I picked my GSP up about 3 weeks ago. Named him Trooper, to honor our fighting men and women. I was looking for a Gordon Setter, or German Wirehaired, but hard to get around here, and probably not the best for Arizona deserts (the Gordon, anyway) Good luck, and enjoy!!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:31 AM

When I got my GSP I wanted to name him Caffery (after the Irish beer) but my father who split the dog with me nixed that name and we settled for Jaeger. German for hunter)

See if using a beverage name work...
Old 05-13-2003, 12:36 PM

One of the best GSP' s I' ve ever hunted behind, on second thought THE best, was a female named RIO. Unfortunately she passed away at only 8 years of age from a stomach problem. She was something!
Old 05-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Well we the wife and kids decided on RIA Linda (spanish) from the mouth of the beutiful river ??
Old 05-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry it took so long to reply doc. I got my pup from boone valley kennels at www.docsdogs.com so far I' m real happy with her she picks stuff up and carries it around all the time will retrieve to me afew times before she gets board she' s 13 weeks so still abit young to start putting her to work by late summer I' ll have her working some. she is a neice of my other female that is out of doc' s brutus they have a very fine line of dogs Harold adams used to run the training and breeding for doc' s but the gent I got Ria from paul phillips has taken over the program in the last couple of yrs. if ria turns out like blinky I' ve got a winner on my hands
Old 06-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]