Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

GSP waterfowl dog.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Junglecarbin
My dog is half English Pointer and half GSP. Could I still participate in NAVHDA?
Anybody can join the NAVHDA organization. Whether your local chapter will allow you to join is up to them. Some chapters are hunting dog clubs that are open to any breeds or mixes. Some are just a group of people that come together to test their dogs. Some chapters are even breed specific.

Most chapters have some kind of web presence where you can find out test dates and site information. I think the best thing to do would be to go out to a test or training day and watch what the folks are doing. If it is something that interests you, find someone from the club and talk to him about joining up.

As long as you aren't going to a breed specific chapter, and there aren't many of them, you should have no problem at least getting on board.

Good luck.