Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Looking for Dog Training Colar Info

Old 03-14-2003, 08:40 AM

Default Looking for Dog Training Colar Info

Good Day Everyone....

I am doing a little research into dog Training Colars, and I would like as much input as I can get. It has been recommened to me that I look into getting the Tri Tronics Upland Special XL. I have also looked at a few Innotek colars such as the Free Spirit II for example. I am wondering what people might be using on their dogs and if they would have any comments on the two colars I mentioned above
Old 04-08-2003, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Looking for Dog Training Colar Info

Ed, I use D.T. Systems EDT 102 collars. DT Sytems is a fair sight cheaper than Innotek and Tri Tronics for about the same range 1/2 mile or so. You can by more expense from all three mentioned above that have greater range, up to two miles, but you will pay for them. Of course you do get what you pay for. Consider a two dog version/ or three dog model if your working with more than one dog at a time. One transmitter works two or three reciver collars. One thing to consider is where the controls for the intensity levels are. Some are at the collars and some adjust at the hand held transmitter which I prefer because I can quickly adjust the intensity level in the field if necessary.

Enjoy, Juniorpc
Old 04-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for Dog Training Colar Info

Comparing the Tritronics Upland Special with the Innotek Free spirit is unfair...kind of like comparing an Audi A8 to a Ford Taurus. Yes, the Ford will get you from point " A" to point " B" but the Audi does so with a lot more comfort and a lot more bells and whistles. Costs a heck of a lot more, too.

If you want to compare lower priced collars, look at the Tritronics Sport 50 (or Sport 65 if you want all the features). It is more in line with the price of the Free Spirit and is quite a bit more collar for the money.