Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

blood tracking seminars

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default blood tracking seminars

Just wanted to let everyone know that Deer Recovery of Pennsylvania and United Blood Trackers will be having a 3 day blood tracking seminar in Reading Penn on April 11-13 more information can be found at http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/pages/tf08flyer.pdf

These events are a great place for anyone intrested in getting into blood tracking wounded game with a dog or if you are just looking to expand your knowledge about tracking dogs. Currently Penn does not allow tracking dogs but through events like this and hunter intrest maybe a law allowing tracking dogs will soon be passed. The more people they have show up the better, the morepeople will be informed and be willing to stand behind a push to get the law passed.

Also I am considering hosting an event similar to the one mentioned above in Ga June 6-8. I am trying to get a feel for how much intrest there would be for an event like this down south. If you are interested let me know as I am trying to decided on having the event.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: blood tracking seminars

Hey Ken, are you going to Penn.? Because it conflicts with turkey season I probably won't make it. June sounds good. Dan
Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

I am not going to make Penn. Baby is due to have a litter March 18th. If I was to go to Penn. and leave my wife to deal with the pups alone and in Tax season I might as well stay in Penn. , becasue if I came back she would kill me.

The June event is still up in the air. I have the same message posted on 4 different forums and have only gotten 3 responses. If I do not get a lot of intrest I am just going to drop it. I have a really good place to hold it but it cost a lot so I need a lot of people to attend to pay for it and to pay Judges/speakers travel money.

Dan would you be interested in coming up to Macon for the GON outdoor blast. Randy Vick is going to help me set up a booth for the 3 day event in August?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

The Tracking seminar in Ga has been cancelled due to lack of intrest. UBT will still be havingthe seminar in Penn. and UBT will also have a booth at the outdoor blast in Macon Ga for those in the area.