Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

A Different Training Technique!!!!!????

Old 01-11-2003, 06:24 PM

Default A Different Training Technique!!!!!????

Bucky just put a post up about training beagle pups,and I remembered a technique an old gentleman told me and I have used for the last 30 or so years.( it may seem gross or unsanitary;but it's not)it has to do with making friends with,and getting your pups to come,and to help with a dog that is shy,or want come to you.(or a persay wild dog)
This old gentleman told me he had been doing this all his adult life.he said when his pups started to eat,he would feed them twice a day,and each time he would put a little of his urine (a couple Tablespoons)on there feed each and every day till they were several mo's. old.or a dog that he had gotten from someone else,he would pee on there feed each day.
I have been doing this for the past 30 or so years.I have never had a dog I couldn't catch or that was (so called wild).it has never failed me.I can do thing with my dogs that my hunting partners can't believe.I can lay my dogs on top of the dog box and they will lay there and let me do anything to them.they will stay there till I tell them to get down.
I have saw hunting friends with dogs that it took forever to catch,some that no one except them could lay a hand on.
I told them of this technique and after they did this all summer and a new season came around there was a world of difference in those dogs.

It will make the dogs be clamer and easer to handle,a lot easer to catch,no matter where they hit your trail they will always come back to you if lost.most of them will come back where you put them out.
I really don't know how or why it works;I just know it works.

<font size=4>Have any of you ever heard this????or if you have;have you tried it??</font id=size4>

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.