Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

when to start my beagle??

Old 01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: when to start my beagle??

thanks for all of the info guys..i took him out for the first time friday with my other beagle..I wasnt expecting to get anything cause it was windy..i just wanted to get him out,,but i took the gun just in case..well i jumped one and took two shots at it and missed both times(dont laugh it was real thick)any way by the time i got to were i jumped it my older beagle had already picked up its trail..by this time my pup didnt know weather to follow my older beagle(lady bug) or stay with me..He was not a bit afraid of the gun shots.which im glad to see.To say the least lady bug could not keep the trail for the wind or it went in a hole(not sure which one)but we did not get it.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 PM

Default RE: when to start my beagle??

wut my great uncle used to do was kill a rabbit and feed him the ex-cess stuff then cut off some of the hide and tail and tie it to a long rope
then run and pull the rope behind and let him chase it
let him have a good smell of it

he had some damn good dogs..

also i got a blue healer..i was gettin ready to take him out to go rabbit huntin when we was in the backyard doin his buisness..when he jumped one up and caught it and killed it..never seen one do that..chased it all around the yard then caught it and broke its neck..good dog if i say so.
eded gettin one more that day..that rabbit was REALLY good the next eavening..mmmmmmmm