Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Hey Swamp Rooster -- Just Wondering

Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Swamp Rooster -- Just Wondering

Swamp Rooster,
In the other thread, you mentioned Field Trials..........Got me to wondering.
Do you (or have you in the past) actually run any dogs in Field Trials or Hunt Tests?.........If so, which venue (organization)?
Any titles?......... If so, what are the Registered Names of the dogs? (Not that I think you would fib, I'd just like to know the registered names so I can look them up --- just keeping you honest).

Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Hey Swamp Rooster -- Just Wondering

Hey Doc, Have a buddy with a 2 year old blk male doing qualifying work in the field, is not consistantly pin pointing big marks, be an awsome gun dog, and a great hunt test dog, didnt know if yamight knowa prospect for a home, priced fair. cya Jonesy
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jonsey,
Go to the Spokane Bird Dog Assoc. website at www.spokanebirddog.org and you can post a message about the dog there...........Might just be some folks that are interested.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 AM

DOC ALLWAYSAJERK I SEE YOUR STILL TRYING TO BE A WISE ASS,IT DOESNT MATTER ABOUT MY TRIALS,BUT DO YOU RUN THEM AND IF SO,TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE YOUR NEXT ONE IS SO I CAN COME AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT.DONT FORGET TO HAVE YOUR DENTIST ON SPEED DIAL..YOU NEED TO LET IT GO.FELLA.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

1. DOC ALLWAYSAJERK I SEE YOUR STILL TRYING TO BE A WISE ASS,

2. IT DOESNT MATTER ABOUT MY TRIALS,

3. BUT DO YOU RUN THEM AND IF SO,TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE YOUR NEXT ONE IS SO I CAN COME AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT.DONT FORGET TO HAVE YOUR DENTIST ON SPEED DIAL..YOU NEED TO LET IT GO.FELLA.
SR,
1. Not at all. YOU were the one who brought up the fact that you attended Field Trials. You seem to know so much about dogs, that I thought it would be interesting (to all of us) as to what you run/ran in and what kind of titles you have put on dogs.

2. That's the answer I expected. I just had a feeling that you were either just a spectator or that you never got any titles. Guess your answer proves my point. Too bad - having a great hunting dog that can also bring home the ribbons in the off season is the best of both worlds.

3. Yes, of course I run my dog. We run primarily in NAHRA and occassionally in HRC, primarily in the PacNW. You can look up the schedules all by yourself.
C'mon, be a real man and prove your points with facts (like telling us about your titled dogs) instead of resorting to physical threats (like some grade school bully).

To everyone else,
Sorry that SR gets so offended by a couple simple questions. He seems to know so much about dogs that I thought it would help us all pay more attention to his posts if he could prove that he actually knows what he is talking about. If a person has a superb hunting dog that can also compete in Tests/Trials, it probably shows that the personmight actually know what he is talking about when it comes to dogs and training.

I'm betting 5:1 that SR has never titled a dog in his life. It would be very simple for him to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot. Do you think he will?

Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 AM

BELIEVE ME DOC YOU DONT NEED ANYONE TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT YOU DONE A VERY GOOD JOB AT THAT YOURSELF.SO YOU NEED TO BE A MAN AND DO LIKE I ASKED AND LET IT GO.AND NO I HAVENT TITLED ONE ALL THE WAY OUT TO A CHAMPION.. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A BIGGER IDIOT LOOK UP SHR COBURNS GRAND MEJEC ITS UNDER MY NAME .AND SIR THATS A TITLE.SO IF YOUR DONE WITH THIS I AM.SO GO AND POINT A LITTLE PHEASANT OR SOMETHING AND BE HAPPY.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Now boys , boys lets not get our panties in a wad. Dog world is to little, it all comes out in the wash.

Swamprooster, where are you at in Tenn. J Paul Jackon, out of Dyersburg, pretty good buddy of mine, you mess around him much?? Jonesy
Old 10-20-2006, 10:08 AM

I RAN A TRIAL WITH HIM ONCE AT DYERSBURG WITH HIS CLUB ,HE SOME KIND OF EYE DOCTOR I THINK OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,YOU KNOW DOG TRAINER,, TREY LAWRENCE TOO I BET , I LIVE CLOSE BY.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

SHR COBURNS GRAND MEJEC ITS UNDER MY NAME .AND SIR THATS A TITLE.SO IF YOUR DONE WITH THIS I AM.
Cool.....A SHR title shows that the dog (and trainer) are definitely capable of having lots of fun and lots of good hunting.