Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

CBR issues

Old 06-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Spike

Default CBR issues

My chessie is having some problems and maybe you guys can help me out here. He has very dry skin and his ears continue to be a problem, they are starting to smell bad (yeast?) i clean them and the vet has been giving him meds but its just not working. Any ideas out would be great. He swims alot and his name is hunter
Old 06-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CBR issues

Two or three big tablespoons of a good (unsweetened - unflavored) yogurt every day.

Also, what kind of food are you feeding him?

Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 AM

Got a yellow bitch here that went through the same prob, vet gave me trizedta flush 8-10 drops, for cleaning,then back it up with otomax/malotic 5dros twice daily, two days problem gone, now depending on how much water work, on twice a week, is keeping it under control. Later jonesy
Old 06-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention -- do a webseach with the search words "purple stuff" for a recipe that is probably better than any Rx available.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Spike

Thank you everyone. I will try your ideas. i made a batch of the purple stuff and started it this morning. I'll let ya know how it works. Also the yogurt idea is in progress. Poor dog just shaking his big head all the time. He is always in the water i have a pond next to the house and he makes very good use of it ... thanks again i am now feeding him science diet dry for skin and bones. He was eating alpo dry.