Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Any ideas on socializing ?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:19 AM

Default RE: Any ideas on socializing ?

Hey thanks. Good looking dogs. Wish they were mine.[:@]

Old 02-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Typical Buck

Can you guys that own these dogs explain to me why anyone wants these dogs. There has to be a good reason other than ugly and worthless. That is the only way I have heard them describled. How about a G. Shorthair. Best all around bird dog. Great with kids. Also Springer Spanial. English or Canadianblood. Not American. ?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have heard alot of bad things about them too, but, these ones are not them ! To bad you couldn't see them working. Also with an eleven year old daughter and a thirteen year old son they are best of friends. In the setters history they have been known to get between children and trouble. No offense but do some studying. Sorry Sean but I was hoping to find a pic. On this computor of Roxie outside But didn't have no luck will have look for one later.And thanks for the
comment.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 AM

Jff
I have not hunted with these dogs and I had my doubts about them:all looks and no brain. But I posted a new thread and asked opinions. Check out my thread called''Irish Setters:are they any good?'' Apparently they are not all the way you think.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

jff12854
Before the GSP even came to these shores, the Irish setter was winning field trails and afine hunting breed. It was not until the AKC show people took an interest because the popularity of the breed did it go downhill. The AF hall of fame shows seven Irish setters. But now, we have to look to Ireland for pure hunting lines (Red setter). But guess what? YourGSP is now being lookedhard at by the show people. More and more are now showing up at dog shows.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks to all, I have recieved a lot of good ideas. Roxie and Rusty my flushing Setter is starting to come around.