Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

New Years Resolutions

Old 01-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Default RE: New Years Resolutions

Mighty Mite, sendher out to play at jonesys for little bit, then you can have it back, let me play in the yard little bit and take some stress off that ticker of yours hahaha Ill be an attention getter, pulla few tricks outa my bag. Thanks Jonesy
Old 01-05-2006, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Think this one will surprise you.Excessive barking. She's already outbarked two collars and a muzzle. The other night, she wouldn't quit. I put her on her back and told her firmly 'no!'. I grabbed the loose skin on her neck. The moment I let go (20 secs), she would start up again. After about the upteen time and half hour later, I finally resorted to spanking her. Not hard but like someone using a newspaper. Even then she kept growling at nothing. She knows I don't allow barking in the house.

I finally resorted toletting her outside for5 minutes a day so she can bark at nothing.Strange dog. But I run her two hours everyday at the dog park - rain or shine or snow so I know she's getting exercise and her socialization. (more bird work is going to have to wait due to this bad weather and ecollar training.)
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

For my 1 year old lab Syrus we're going to work on retrieving everything to hand, everytime (whether it takes forced fetching or not), multiplie retrieves, blind retrieves and just having some fun too. I want a good worker but he doesn't have to be perfect on everything.