Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Retriever training part 3

Old 10-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Retriever training part 3

Ok with your guys help Iam uptoFF my lab pup.Iam useing the ear pinch and I was ready for the worstI thought it would be along processbecuase it was kind of a struggle to get him to hold but after 3 weeks I can run him around and jump him off things and he holds soild !

My firsttry I pinched his ear said fetch he opened his mouth and I put the dowle in. After 3 times he was reaching forit before I even put any presure to his ear. I know its early but I even held it out about a foot in front of his head and siad fetch and he reached out and grabed it.

Maybe this is normal but I was truly excited. Its hard not to over work him whenthe progress goes fast you want to keep working him but after 10min I put him up with a smile onmyface.

Thanks to all.
Shane