Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Does anyone else have a stupid beagle?

Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Does anyone else have a stupid beagle?

My one beagle Pete is best friends with our cat. They play constantly and chase each other around the living room. The cat sits on the edge of the couch, and as the dog runs laps around the coffee table, the cat hits him in the head like its friggin tether ball (that game where you hit a ball on a string around a pole). I have no idea what wrong with this dog. Besides that, about once a week I catch him trying to take a dump between the washer and the dryer. He can't fit between there, but he backs up to it like a rig to a dock. What an idiot. Its a good thing that he can hunt.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:58 AM

Default RE: Does anyone else have a stupid beagle?

I had one that every time you tried to pet her, she'd lay on her back and pee all over herself. She was so excited to see us. lol.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 PM

That is one retarted beagle.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:55 PM

That was funny, the part about the washer.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

What I would do is place a garbage can or something in between the washer and dryer. She'll then have to establish another place to poop, hopefully outside. They will always return to the same place until you correct it.

My pup also pees when she see's either my sis, mom, or nephew. She whines because she gets so excited. She won't do that to anyone else, not even me.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

It's funny that you ask. My dad's familyhad two beagles (brothers from the same litter) named Mike & Ike. Well it turns out that Mike was a little crazy. You could pet him 3 times and that was it. In my dad's words; "You'd pet him once and he would love it. The second time you would pet him, he was thinking "I like it, but I'm thinking about biting you." And then, once tried to pet him the third time he would go crazy on you and attack and try to bite you! He later died of cancer at the age of 5 and was always mean to his brother Ike. My dad and his family have always said that he was mean to them and his brother [Ike] due to the cancer. I'm notjoking about thiseither...wasn't there back in the day but my dad says that's the truth. Ike on the other hand lived until he was 17 yrs old and was a very nice dog. Every beagle I've ever known has been the nicest dog. I do love hearing that story though from my dad! hehe
Old 09-10-2005, 11:39 PM

yes i have a stupid beagel and i came here cause i want to trie and train him for rabbit and maybe see if i can get him to retrieve doves as i am new it prolly wont work out but it is worth a shot
Old 09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

My grandfather in law has 8, all good hounds. He used to have around 60 but he has put on some years and no longer breeds them. Love to hunt snowshoe hares.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

[:@]I have two beagles. One is a great hunter and is the mother of the other. The younger beagle my wife named "Lexy" is nothing more than a overweight yard dog. She is good for nothing but barking at snakes. I have killed twomoccasins that she has barked at in the back yard. I have also had to take her to the vet were she has been bit in the neck. She swole up bigas a canteloupe. She won't hunt, I put both of my dogs on rabbits before and 5 minutes later lexy is headed back to the house![:@]She is my wifes dog
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

I had a real retarded beagles one time.
When I would put my shock collar on he to attempt to train her she would get as low to the ground as possible and start to run away from me. No matter how high the zap of the collar got she would not stop.
also when you sat down in a chair on the porch she would come up to your leg and hump you just like a male dog. I got rid of her not to long after that.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else have a stupid beagle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.