Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Trainer needed in NC

Old 08-25-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Trainer needed in NC

I need some help tracking down a trainer in the Raleigh area of NC. I'm finding that I don't have as much free time to spend training my lab as I need, and I want her to do more than turn food into fertilizer and oxygen into carbon dioxide. I'm pretty sure she can be a good hunting dog, I just don't have the time to get her there.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Trainer needed in NC

I do not know of one in NC, but i know one in ohio and he is a well known trainer at that. His name is Brent and he is a pro gundog trainer that owns and runs guadaira kennels. Brent has my 7 month old lab ready for hunt test's and he will be ready to hunt waterfowl and upland birds this fall. I could not have asked for a better job than Brent has done for me. Look at it this way, why complain about a little money now, when you will have a great gundog later. Brents website is www.guadairakennels.com. Tell him i sent you.

Brad
ohio
Old 08-27-2005, 04:27 PM

buckeye, Thanks for the info, but I prefer to keep her a little closer to home. I'm sure he's a good trainer and all just a little too far away. I did find a trainer about 2 hours away that looks promising. Anybody heard of Weller kennels in New Bern, NC?
Old 08-28-2005, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the Professional Retriever Trainer Association site. Under NC members there are two members.

http://www.prta.net/north_carolina.html

John and Amy Dahl (author of The10 min Retriever) runs the Oak Hills kennels in Oak Hills, NC. That's prolly your best bet. The other is Salem, NC.

Hope this help.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

There is also Alan Pleasant who is in NC. He runs field trials.