Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What kindov workout dose your doog get?

Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM

Default What kindov workout dose your doog get?

I dont have a set plan for my dog, but he gets tuns of exercise. He swims at least twice a week (while I lay on the beach), and man can he cover some water. I figure swimming has to be good for a dog. He will be in the water for 2 or 3 hours straight, thenbefor we leave I will walk the beach, which is about 1 mile long,and he will swim the hole thing, staying about 20 ft from shore. At home he runs free in the yard when ever I am out there,and we do a daiely chippy hunt threw the woods. He haskilled two (I tried to stop him, but he is to fast), but most of the time just chases them around. They drive him nuts. This has never afected his bird hunting, except he has locked up on a fewwhile hunting.

As for training goes I just make sure he stays under control. He is not perfic in the woods but he works for me. I have tried working with him on pointing and fetching but my lack of skills brings us both down. He dose the best he can in the woods and that is good enuf for me. We kill our fare share of birds, he is a dam good woodcock dog.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kindov workout dose your doog get?

What breed?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:23 PM

He is a 2 and 1/2 year old brittny. Best dog in the world, goes evey were with me.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

Brittanies are great dogs and if from the right stock hard to ruin. Just get a good book (Delmar Smith, Duffy, Long, etc) and a choke collar.

I get out as often as I can when it's not raining. I run my puppy at a local dog park for about an hour a day. She likes playing with the other dogs.