Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

puppy food

Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default puppy food

what brand of puppy food do you use, for your hunting dogs?? i know it will vary from person to person but i wanted to see what most people use and why.. thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: puppy food

I use Diamond Large breed puppy food..............cus DocE said it was O.K.........
Old 05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA GOBBLER

what brand of puppy food do you use, for your hunting dogs?? i know it will vary from person to person but i wanted to see what most people use and why.. thanks
What breed of dog?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

english pointer

ORIGINAL: Doc E

What breed of dog?
Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most any Premium -- Large Breed puppy food should do you well. Diamond is a great food, Eukanuba and Eagle Pack are good too.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:14 AM

I also feed Diamond brand to puppies & adult dogs. Where I purchase feed it has the best price of any premium dog food. A 40# bag is $18 less than Eukanuba or Iams.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Spike

I feed Natural Choice Large Breed to my lab puppies. Switched from Science Diet and have never regretted it.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

thanks everyone... my pup is to be born june 24th so middle to end of aug. i should get him.. i cant wait.. this will be my first hunting dog and my first dog on my own..
Old 05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep us posted PA GOBBLER ....and just have fun with him/her....and let em be a puppy for awhile...they grow up way to quick.....and make sure which ever brand of food you choose....it the Large breed puppy food..
Old 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM

I learned this tip from a musher (sled dogs), the cheeper the food the more fill, the more fill the more time you spend in the back yard with a shovel. I use Purina, puppy chow and in the fall hi pro, not like he needs the extra kick. My vet said it was a good food.

Pa Gobbler what are you going to be hunting, for the most part. I have hunted with an English Pointer and my god are they fast, and strong.

Quick Reply: puppy food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.