Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Moving to Georgia

Old 10-31-2002, 10:49 AM
Spike

Default RE: Moving to Georgia

Based on the Department of Natural Resources in Georgia and the local Georgia Outdoors magazine, most hunting takes place primarily on private lands and leases, followed by state run Wildlife Management Areas and then national forests. The costs of leases are not prohibitive, the biggest challenge is finding a hunting club/lease where you and the club share mutual goals and expectations.

I've got an acquaintance who refused to join a good club with quality land, because the club has a three-deer per year quota. That's more deer than he and his extended family could eat in a year and if he wanted a trophy he could hold his shots on some of the spikes he kills. Alot of Georgia clubs go on seniority - those in the clubs longest have best choices on areas, others restrict guests, etc. You just have to find one that makes you feel welcome.

Uh And Sixpoint40, I tell folks where I get my best Redfish and sea trout just like I tell them to run wide open on the left side of Newton River when heading out to St. Catherines Sound...I sure hope they're props are stainless steel and their hulls oyster shell-proof. BIG SMILE

Heaven is best viewed from a deer stand at sunrise in the forest

Favorite Sticker: Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter